I am finding that more and more men are concerned about their skin and taking care of it and yes companies do produce skin care for men. It is o.k guys to be concerned about your skin and taking care of it. Here are a few pointers and info about your skin.
1. Men have oiler skin than women as well as larger pores, so it is important to keep your skin clean. Wash you face two times a day using a deep cleanser. Don’t use those body deodorant soaps on your face. They can be irritating to your skin.
2. Use a facial scrub two times a week and use before you shave, preferably at night if you shave in the am.This will keep your skin smooth. However if you have acne be very careful in using a scrub. Avoid acne areas and just use the scrub around the t-zone area(nose and forehead)
3. Tone you skin using a toner preferably one without alcohol. A toner brings your PH balance back to normal. Use a toner after you wash or scrub your face.
4. It is very important to moisturize twice a day. Even if your skin is oily you should still use a moisturizer. Choose one formulated for oily skin. Moisturizer is put all over face, avoid the eye area but don’t forget your neck! Very important that you use a moisturizer with a SPF of 20 or more. ( for more info read the article “Protecting Your Skin From The Sun” written by Marilyn -articles to the right)
5. If you are concerned about your eye area you can purchase a eye cream but remember you don’t have to spend a lot. You are probably wondering why you can’t use just a moisturizer but it is important to know that around our eyes we have few oil glands as well as pores and our eye area isn’t able to absorb a heavier cream. By the way, our eyes are usually the first area to show those handsome laugh lines- don’t forget to use sunglasses.
6. Special treatments: microdermabrasion is one of the hottest treatments in skin care and should be done two times a week.This removes all the dead skin and allows for the new skin to come in looking great.
7. Keep your lips kissable! Use a lip balm or lip protector with spf of at least 15 when in the sun.
8. Drink lots of water, at least 6 glasses(beer doesn’t count – sorry)
9. Eat healthy and avoid junk food if possible. Vitamins E and C are improtant for nice skin
10. Exercise daily, it keeps oxygen flowing to all parts of your body and of course you will feel better about yourself and you will show it!
11. Get plenty of sleep and have plenty of fun!
12. If you are under a lot of stress , take time for yourself, do something that you enjoy.
13. If you smoke stop , you are aging your skin!